Wow! I was quite delighted to see that I was nominated for a blogging award by a fellow blogger. Thank you so much pulchritudynous, I’m quite flattered! After sitting down for a few minutes to figure out how my blog could deserve such an honor, I discovered that this is an award given by bloggers, to other bloggers. That makes it really cool.
You should take a few minutes to check out pulchritudynous‘ blog. She is a very deep thinker who will incite you to do the same. Her caring and thought toward my nomination is so much appreciated and lifting during a particularly rough couple of weeks.
I will quote from her blog about the Liebster Award, as she did from her nominator:
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have under 200 followers.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
To begin with the nominees:
~Click on the names to visit ~
- Carol J Forrester – Writing and Works
- Rosemary S.
- Beltway Fan Fiction.
- Rebel Darling
- Droplets of Motion
- Musings of A Capricious Intellectual
- Dancing Bee Poetry
- Pastor Tim’s Poems
- Mused by Magdalene
- calliopes lyre
- The Poet Laura Ate
The following are 11 questions for me to answer:
- What makes you want to write/blog? It relaxes me and I find it to be a constructive emotional outlet.
- What time of day is your time to write? Early in the morning, or in the evening before bed.
- What is your favorite drink? Coffee – strong and black
- What is your least favorite topic – what are you tired of hearing about? My father just passed away. I could do with fewer reminders of that, but it keeps coming out in my poetry.
- What is your favorite restaurant? Sudwerk in Davis, CA. I haven’t been there for years, though.
- When you close your eyes to sleep, what thoughts help you drift off? Usually thoughts of whatever book I had just been reading.
- If you had to spend a day walking would you prefer in a city, on a beach, seaside, country field, secluded forest or other? Secluded forest, hands down. I love hiking in the woods.
- What is your favorite book/movie? Book: Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz/Movie: Star Wars (Episode IV)
- Are you a confident writer? Confident to write for myself. Not as confident when I think of how others consider my work. So, I write for myself.
- What topics would you like to see blogged about? I usually blog about poems, but I really like to see honest and reasoned discussion about controversial subjects. I don’t always agree, but I’ve come to really respect people with different opinions.
- How bored have all these questions made you? I thought they were quite interesting. Good selection, pulchritudynous!
Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:
- What do you enjoy writing about?
- When did you first start blogging?
- What was the last book that you read?
- Why did you choose it?
- If you could meet any non-Biblical character, who would it be?
- Why? (see #5)
- What is the most exotic place you’ve visited?
- What is an item on your bucket list?
- When is the last time you slept outdoors?
- If you could be any movie character, who would it be?
- Are you the oldest child, youngest child, in the middle, or only child?
Last but not least, facts about me……..
- My favorite color is blue.
- I enjoy hiking and spending time outdoors.
- While my brother is a professional pastry chef, I also enjoy cooking.
- My cooking over a camp fire is quite good.
- I’m the oldest of my siblings.
- I got out of school to see the debut of the very first Star Wars movie.
- The comic books I collected as a boy are still in my garage.
- Growing up, I loved GI Joe and Transformers.
- I played baseball and football, growing up.
- I was president of the fencing club in high school.
- I like to take pictures.
I hope that the bloggers on my list get some well deserved recognition. I’ve found awesome content at each of their sites. Be sure to check them out the others on the list and offer them some encouragement, as well!